Silymarin is the major active compound from milk thistle seed extract (Silybum marianum), a member of the Compositaeor daisy family.1 Silymarin is considered a flavonolignan mixture which is a unique type of bioflavonoid and an antioxidant that scavenges damaging free radicals. Scientific studies show that oral supplementation with silymarin can help support liver function.2-7 Silymarin has been shown to combat lipid peroxidation in the liver.6-9 It has also been demonstrated that silymarin may help promote healthy liver cells.3
1 lb, 5 lbs
Serving Size 1/4 grams
Amount Per Serving
Milk Thistle Seed Extract (Silybum marianum) (80% [120 mg] Total Flavonoids) 200 mg
Other ingredients: None
Dosage and Use
- Take 1/4 gram daily, before lunch or dinner, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.
- Phytother Res. 2010 Oct;24(10):1423-32.
- Bratisl Lek Listy. 2012;113(3):145-51.
- J Vet Intern Med. 2012 Nov 9. doi: 10.1111/jvim.12002.
- J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2012 Sep;18(3):360-5.
- Phytomedicine. 2009 May;16(5):391-400.
- Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jan;40(1):2-8.
- J Hepatol. 1997 Apr;26(4):871-9.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Jun 11;56(11):3966-72.
- Arzneimittelforschung. 1998 Mar;48(3):236-9